Zucchini Ricotta Bundt Cake Ciambella Recipe: An Italian breakfast cake called Ciambella can be turned into a fun Zucchini Ricotta Bundt Cake. This slightly sweet and thick cake is made with ricotta cheese, zucchini, and lemon. It’s a great treat for breakfast or a snack in the middle of the day.
Zucchini Ricotta Bundt Cake Ciambella Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, drained
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Warm the oven up to 350 degrees. Set aside a standard bundt cake pan that has been greased with cooking spray.
- Beat the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk. Set this bowl away.
- With a manual mixer, mix the ricotta cheese and olive oil in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy. This should take about 3–4 minutes. One at a time, add the eggs and beat after each one. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is well mixed. Grate the zucchini and add the lemon zest and juice.
- Add the batter to the bundt cake pan that has been prepped. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the cake comes out clean. For ten minutes, let the cake cool on a wire rack. Then, take it out of the pan and let it cool fully before cutting it.
You can make this Zucchini Ricotta Bundt Cake ahead of time, and it will stay moist for days. Keep in the fridge for up to a week in a jar that won’t let air in, or freeze for up to two months.
ZUCCHINI RICOTTA BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
This easy-to-make Ciambella tastes great and doesn’t take long to put together. First, use cooking spray to grease a standard-sized bundt cake pan. Any cake pan or springform pan will work if you don’t have a bundt pan.
To start, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Set this bowl away. Second, cream the ricotta and olive oil together with your manual mixer until the mixture is very smooth and a little fluffy. This should take about 3–4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Then, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Make sure to squeeze out all the water from the chopped zucchini before you add it. Last, add one lemon’s zest and juice. Finally, put the batter into the bundt pan that has been made. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Make sure the zucchini ricotta Ciambella is fully cool before cutting it. To dress it up even more, you could make a simple powdered sugar lemon glaze and pour it on top. Make sure you try my tasty Taralli Dolci cookies for another traditional Italian recipe.
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy this easy and classic Zucchini Ricotta Bundt Cake. Send me a message if you make the meal and let me know what you think. Have fun!