Pomegranate Pavlova Recipe – Step By Step Guide :- This fantastic showstopper of a dessert that simply bursts with flavour: a crispy pavlova with a marshmallowy centre is topped with tangy, luscious pomegranate curd made from fresh pomegranate and whipped cream and finished with extra fresh pomegranate arils.
Pomegranate Pavlova Recipe – Step By Step Guide
This amazing dessert goes so well with everything: a crispy pavlova with a marshmallowy centre is topped with a tart, rich pomegranate curd made from fresh pomegranates and whipped cream, and more fresh pomegranate arils finish it off.
What goes well with pomegranate? ALL OF IT. Really? No, no. It’s great in pie. In a salad. About hummus. In foods with meat. With steamed rice. In a juice or breakfast bowl. In any kind of treat you can think of! You can use pomegranate in just about anything. That’s why I love it.
I really wanted to make a pile of pomegranates for this recipe and put them on top of a pavlova. I was sure it would work really well. The curd and fresh arils are very sour, which goes well with the softly sweet meringue bits. This really steals the show at Christmas.
- 3 eggs plus 3 yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 6 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or more if you like
- 1 teaspoon vinegar plain or apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Fresh pomegranate arils
Also see:- Halva Chocolate Babka Recipe – Step By Step
- To make the pomegranate curd, mix the tapioca or cornflour with ¼ cup of pomegranate juice in a small bowl. Put the whisk away. Put the cubed butter in a bowl and place a fine mesh sieve over it. Add eggs, whites, salt, lime juice and zest, and sugar to a pot. Stir them together. Put the pot on medium heat and stir the sugar in for three minutes. Whisk in the fruit and tapioca starch that you set aside.
- To make the curd thick enough to cover the back of a spoon, stir it with a rubber spatula until it’s thick all the way through. It will thicken on the bottom first. Put it through the fine mesh sieve to get rid of any bits, then stir it until the butter is mixed in and the curd is smooth. Put in a heat-proof jar and put it in the fridge to cool down. Before the event, you can do this any time up to three days in advance.
- To make the pavlova, Warm the oven up to 275 F and put parchment paper on a cookie sheet that has been greased. Set a pot ⅓ of the way full of water on low heat. Place the sugar and egg whites in a heat-safe bowl over the pot. Make sure the bowl’s bottom doesn’t touch the water.
- While it slowly heats up, whisk the egg whites and sugar for about 4 minutes. Once you can pinch the mixture and not feel any sugar crystals, put it in the bowl of a stand mixer. For about 10 minutes, whip the mixture on medium speed. It will slowly turn into a thick, fluffy meringue. Almost there? Add the vanilla, salt, cornflour, and vinegar one at a time, being careful and slow as you go.
- To make the pavlova, put a big pile of meringue on a cookie sheet that has been prepared. Then, use an offset spatula to shape it into a 6-inch circle or dome. To make a cave form on top, press the top down a little. Wipe the bottom of the meringue clean with a wet finger. Get the tip of your finger under it a little so that the bottom isn’t too flat. After about an hour and a half of baking, turn off the oven and leave the pavlova in there for at least another hour, or better yet, overnight.
- Put the pavlova together by beating the heavy cream with the sugar and salt until it forms medium-sized peaks in a food mixer or by hand. Spread half of the curd around the top of the pavlova right before you serve it. Put some whipped cream on top of the curd, and then put some fresh pomegranate arils on top of that.
If you like this article Pomegranate Pavlova Recipe – Step By Step Guide please share your friends and family members.