Italian Eggplant Recipe – Sautéed With Tomatoes Recipe Step By Step Guide:-You may enjoy eggplant cooked on the stove in the most delicious way possible by following this recipe for Italian eggplant and tomatoes. Under thirty minutes is all it takes to prepare a delectable sauce that is made by sautéing tomatoes and eggplants. The sauce is made with a few fresh ingredients.
Italian Eggplant Recipe – Sautéed With Tomatoes Recipe Step By Step Guide
How to make the best Italian auberges and tomato dish on the stove is in this recipe. With a few fresh ingredients, sautéed eggplant and tomatoes make a tasty sauce that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Give it a simple lunch or dinner with a loaf of fresh bread you made yourself.
Italian auberges and tomato sauté in olive oil and served on a plate with a wooden spoon.
Here are some more great eggplant recipes: Eggplant and Tomato Pasta Sauce, Easy Eggplant Caponata, Grilled Eggplant and Baked Eggplant Slices Recipe with Ricotta Cheese (healthy eggplant parmesan).
Italian eggplants cooked in butter are great as a side dish for any meal. Taste this traditional Italian dish as a starter on toasted bread or as a sauce for properly cooked pasta.
In Italy, we call this food “Melan Zane a fughetta,” which means “eggplant in the shape of a mushroom,” because the eggplant dice look like mushrooms that have been cut up.
- 3 tablespoons extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small or medium eggplants, cut into cubes (skins removed if desired)
- 1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes (can also use crushed tomatoes or fresh tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- Parmigiano cheese (parmesan cheese) optional- for serving
also see:- Zucchini Ricotta Bundt Cake Ciambella Recipe
- To prepare the eggplant, it is necessary to chop it into cubes that are ½ inch in size.
- When you have a large skillet that is set over medium heat, you need to make sure that the bottom of the pan is covered with olive oil. The aubergine should be added to the oil once it has reached a shimmering and hot state, and then the food should be seasoned with salt. In the moments just preceding the browning process, this will be of assistance in releasing the water.
- The aubergine should be cooked for around ten minutes while being tossed regularly until it reaches a golden brown colour and becomes tender. Due to the fact that the aubergine will use up all of its water before it turns brown, it is probable that this could take some time. Add the garlic and whisk it in to complete the mixture.
- To include the tomatoes, add them after they have not been drained and combine them. Cook for twenty minutes with the heat set to medium-low, stirring the mixture regularly while it is being cooked.
- To taste, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with fresh basil. When you want to blend, stir it. Fresh basil can be used as a garnish for the dish regardless of whether it is served hot, warm, or cold. You have the option of grating some parmigiano cheese on top of the dish if you so desire.
- If you don’t want to crowd the pan, spread it out in a single layer. This will give the outside time to brown and get crispy while the inside cooks up soft and tender.
- Not too much oil, but just the right amount. Vegetable meat is like a sponge; it soaks up any liquid or cooking oil that comes in contact with it. Based on the type of aubergine you use, add the amount called for in the recipe plus a little more if you think you need to. If you add too much oil, the aubergine will soak it up and make it taste greasy.
Store and Reheat
- Any aubergine and tomato sauté that you have left over can be kept in the fridge for two to four days in a sealed container.
- Put your sautéed aubergine back in a pan and heat it up on the stove for a few minutes until it’s warm.
- This can also be done in a dish that can go in the oven. Place the dish in the oven at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the aubergine is warm again.
If you like this article Italian Eggplant Recipe – Sautéed With Tomatoes Recipe Step By Step Guide please share your family and friends.