CANNOLI POUND CAKE:- Cannoli Pound Cake is a recipe for a traditional ricotta pound cake that is exceptionally moist and delicious, and it makes use of all of those cannoli flavours that you adore. Pistachios that have been chopped, mini chocolate chips, orange zest, and ricotta cheese are the ingredients that make this Italian pound cake a truly unique recipe that can be used for any event. Do you enjoy the flavours of cannoli but don’t want to put in the effort to make them with your own hands? All of those mouthwatering flavours are contained within this cannoli pound cake, which is also very easy to prepare.
This Italian ricotta pound cake is loaded with chopped pistachios, mini chocolate chips, orange zest, and ricotta, and all it takes is one bite to get you hooked on this delicious dessert! Also, this easy dessert can be prepared in a matter of minutes and maintains its moisture for several days.This is a wonderful cake that you should always have on hand for any event. It can be served with fruit for a speedy breakfast, or it can even be used as a dessert. It is ideal for brunches. Whenever I have guests over for the holidays, I like to make sure I have a loaf of bread on hand.
In case you have never tried pound cake before, it is a type of cake that is traditionally made with one pound of each ingredient, which includes flour, butter, sugar, and eggs. Despite the fact that this recipe does not quite adhere to the traditional measurements, it still has that slightly dense and moist texture that you will absolutely in love with.
CANNOLI POUND CAKE
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened (one and a half sticks)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, lightly chopped
- powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Also read Candied Almonds Recipe
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- To prepare a loaf pan measuring 9 inches by 5 inches, grease it with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- The butter and sugar should be mixed together in a large bowl using a handheld mixer until the mixture is completely incorporated and light in colour, which should take about two to three minutes.
- Mix in the ricotta until it becomes airy and light, which should take about four to five minutes. One egg at a time, beat in the eggs until they are completely incorporated.
- You should then add the zest of one orange and stir everything together.
- To make the mixture, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a separate bowl and whisk them together.
- You should add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat it until it is almost completely combined. Both the mini chocolate chips and the pistachios should be folded in.
- Once the pan has been greased and lined, pour the batter into it, and if you so desire, sprinkle it with additional mini chocolate chips.
- The loaf should be baked on the middle rack of the oven for sixty-five to seventy-five minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf becomes clean.
- Wait approximately fifteen minutes for the pan to cool, then use a knife to loosen the edges, and then lift out the cake with the assistance of parchment paper. Wait for the pound cake to completely cool down.
- Powdered sugar can be sprinkled on top if desired.
- Calories: 389kcal
If you like this article about CANNOLI POUND CAKE. Please share this with your friends and family.